As digital marketers specialising in email – or marketers who’re still trying to master this 3 decade old channel that generates the highest ROI in any mix – consistently strive for the best performing campaign, one of the critical feedback mechanisms is consistently overlooked: the recipient.
Billions of emails are sent daily, and while we routinely see great reports, statistics and infographics on performances of campaigns, we rarely hear what the recipients have to say about being marketed to via email.
Mapp.com has now released the 2016 Consumer Views of Email Marketing infographic which I’ve linked to below. The infographic accompanies the report here and really gives you some great insight if you’re planning your 2017 campaigns.
Some of what’s interesting:
- The obvious: device preference and frequency.
- Not so obvious previously: lead-based engagement, purchase impact, brand loyalty.
Download it here: mapp_2016_infographic
The report itself, available here for download, contains:
- Consumer benchmarks on email usage preferences, key factors driving purchasing behavior and mobile vs. desktop trends
- Best practices for maximizing email marketing ROI
- Are you sending too many emails or not enough? See how often your target audience prefers to be emailed
- Which social channel has gained nearly double the followers since 2015
- Top engagement motivators between email and social platforms